Friday, January 11, 2013

Artist Trading Cards-What Am I Doing???

I decided to get out of the box in which I live.  I am trying my hand at artists trading cards, also known as ATC's.  Many people make them because they are small and easy to make.  It also allows you to trade them or given them to others who may like the work you do.  Don't get me wrong, I am in no way an artist.  There are people out there who are way more talented than I am.  But, some people say that art is all in how you look at it.  Sometimes I really like what I see, and other times others really like it more than I do!  So, I made these cute little Valentine themed cards.  The base in old book papers over lightweight card stock.  I use a lot of Mod Podge.  The stuff is great!!  After that, I glues a piece of tissue paper over the old book for texture and to make the next surface easier to work on.  After all that Mod Podge dried, I painted the pink heart.  I didn't want it to be perfect, so please don't think I missed some spots!!!  After that dried, I placed the little sayings in the front.  They are clippings from magazines I keep on hand when I need something witty to say.  I put another layer of Mod Podge over that.  Then I put the flower in the front.  I thought it would give it a nice touch since it is a Valentine's Day card.  I put the usual information on the back, made some handmade envelopes, and then I will be sending them on their way to a new home!!  One will be going to Houston, TX.  Another one will be going to My. Crawford, VA.  And the last one will make its way to Canada.  I hope the recipients love them as much as I do.  I know there are four but inky three leaving.  I am keeping one for myself.  I really like these little cards!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think you are very talented, since that card with a heart looks very pretty!<3 I never made ATC cards, it is something new for me. But I know, once I'll try, I'll never stop :)

    Tumbochka, swap-bot (Blogging into 2013)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty ATCs. I love making ATCs. I'm not very artsy either. I do a lot of paper piecing and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards. They remind me of something I might put together, minus the flowers, because I'm not that girly. Keep up the great work! Woke up missing.WordPress.com

    Swap-Bot: Blogging Into 2013

    ReplyDelete