Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wordless Wednesday and Some Other Various Things

I am trying to figure out what I can post for Wordless Wednesday.  Wordless Wednesday is something really fun you can find at Create With Joy.  I really don't have anything in particular to post, so I am going to share a couple of my pages from my art journal that I am currently working on at the moment.  I sat down tonight and decided to do a couple of pages in my art journal.  Since I am still fairly new to art journaling, I still haven't found my style yet.  So, I am trying a lot of different things.

 I don't have very many vintage pictures to cut out or anything like that, so i used a nice picture from a Travel & Leisure magazine. I made my background first, using acrylic paints and some old foreign money. Then I just put my scrap paper and magazine cut outs on the page. I did a very light watered down wash of them before I did some accent painting. I then added some words to it. I think I like this particular style, the randomness is so fun to play with.


The next page I did is a little more organized. I like the night skylines of the big cities. I made me a big full moon, some buildings with some lights on, and some stars. I saved our fortunes from when we went out to each Chinese food last week. There is the randomness on that page that I really like!!!!! 

 
Oh, wait, I found my picture for Wordless Wednesday!! I almost forgot, we went to get strawberries today. No, going to get strawberries does not mean going to the store to get an overpriced carton of half ripe and no taste strawberries, we actually go to where they grow them. We go to a place called Holland Bottoms. They grow most of the produce that they sell. I always look forward to the strawberries. Arkansas strawberries are so very good!!!!!!! I took the last picture of the strawberries I cut up for dinner. They were SO VERY GOOD!!!!!! I just love the color of them. Pictures of peaches to come in a few months, once I get the juice cleaned off my hands and arms!!!!
Thank you for stopping by to say hello!! Leave me a message to let me know you were here!!!

 ~hugs, mel

6 comments:

  1. Wow fresh strawberries already!? Delicious! We have a couple more months to wait here in PA. Love the pics of the pages you created, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in AR, we have had them for almost 2 weeks now. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I recently began art journaling myself. I REALLY like your pages. Thank you for the ideas, and keep those journal pages coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have found with art journaling, you really can't plan your pages. I get my inspiration as I am working on them. Good luck with yours.

      Delete
  3. mmmm - love strawberries and they look so yummy! we've got a few months yet before we get to enjoy them, but love the fresh ones we get locally.
    thanks for stopping by Mom-ology!
    cheers,
    jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine spring time without strawberries. Hope you get some good ones this year! Thank you for stopping by here!

      Delete