Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Starting Over Fresh!

I am starting a new blog.  I had been trying to learn to design, but felt like I just really didn't have what it takes--which is the money and the great programs!!!  So, I think I am going to stick to doing CT work!!  So, in celebration of that, I have deleted all my other blogs and started new.  I wanted something different to start with.  So, I did the pick a template, pick a background, yadda, yadda, yadda....thing here on blogger.  But, I think it turned out really nice.  I feel like it captures who I am and what I do in my life.  I love researching my family and have many older pictures of them.  I just need to put them into a book or a blog or something!!  Anyway, In starting this new blog, I have also started working with Heartfelt Perfections.  I have followed her for a while on Facebook and other scrapping sites and really love her work.  I saw she was having a CT call and decided to send her a message.  So, here I am!!!  New work from her kits is coming really son, so, not to keep you waiting with a boring post, here are some of my more recent pages that I have done.

This first one is one I did to honor my grandmother, Lois.  I never got to meet her because she died in 1959 at the age of 30.  I have always thought that she was a very beautiful woman.  The kit used is one Called Creative Fusion About A Mother.  It is by the Scrapbookgraphics Designers.


This is a page I did from one of our many trips to Pinnacle Mountain.  It is a fairly good sized mountain just west of Little Rock, Arkansas.  It is a favorite spot of many because onece you get to the top, you can see for miles in all directions.  I especially love the views of the Arkansas River from the top!!!  The kit is called Lonely and is by Franziska Altmann.


This in an older page I did.  I thought the vintage feel of the papers went very good with the picture.  This is my daughter, Ashley.  We also go to the Old Mill many times a year.  If you have never seen it, you can get a glimpse of it in the opening scenes of Gone With the Wind.  It is a "mill" that was built mainly for the movie.  It is located in North Little Rock, Arkansas.  It is now a park and a very beautiful park.  It is a photographer's paradise--novice or expert!!!  The kit is called Vintage Oreo and is by Summer Driggs of Summertime Designs.


Thank you for looking.  I will definitely be posting more as I start to work with Heartfelt Perfections.  I am so excited and cannot wait to get started!!!

~hugs, Mel

2 comments:

  1. hi there sweety and what sweet comments you posted abut me..i am the one who is honored you are very talented and i love your layouts and i love your blog so different!!

    hugs
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Heartfelt Perfections Team! I am also on her team and have enjoyed working with Leigh! She is very talented!
    I am looking forward to getting to know you and see your work
    I also enjoy learning about my family and designing pages
    thank you for sharing your work
    Blessings and hugs
    Pam

    ReplyDelete