Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Florida, New Orleans, and some pages I made alog the way!!!

We have been on vacation since last Wednesday.  I think the kids are getting homesick.  I think the hubby misses them, too.  He didn't get to come with us because he didn't have any vacation time left.  I will be glad to get home and go back to work, though!!!!!  I really enjoyed getting away, relaxing on the beach, seeing some very interesting sights, and just having fun.  We got to tour the USS Alabama in Mobile, watch the sun set from the beach, eat at restaurants that I cannot name here on my blog, see things that I cannot mention on my blog, and we walked so many miles in New Orleans!!!  I will have pictures soon!!!  I also was able to get a page or two completed while riding down the road. 


This is a page I was able to do between Destin and New Orleans.  I took some great pictures of the beach when we were in Destin.  I loved how the water is so blue-green and the sand is so white.  I loved listening to the waves crashing on the beach.  It was great.  The kit I used for this page is called beach House and it is from Sus Designs.  You can pick up this kit here.  There are also many other great kits to pick up in her store.

Here are a few pictures from our vacation so far:

This is a bird I took a picture of in Biloxi, MS, on our way to Destin.  I was probably 5 feet from it when I took the picture.  Makes for a beautiful picture.

They have turned the light back on at the end of the tunnel.  Not really, but this is the light at the end of the tunnel coming out of Mobile going to Destin.

The battleship, USS Alabama.  We stopped and toured the ship.  It was hot outside, but not too bad inside.  We went to at least 4 different levels with at least one more to go down.  Very interesting if you have never been and are in the area.

My children, Ashley, Tim, and Justin, standing in front of one of the propellers used for this ship.

The view from our hotel in Destin.  It was a beautiful sight!!!  Very relaxing, too!!!
I took Tim to play golf at Baytowne.  He played the 18 hole course while I drove the golf cart.  Our tee time was at 7am.  It was early, but we had fun!!

Yes, those are alligators.  They are at Fudpuckers in Destin.  They had to have had at least 50 of them.  They were all fairly small, but I still didn't stick my hand down in there!!!  The kids did have their picture made with one.

In the dining room we sat in at Fudpuckers, they had a lot of cases full of different beer cans.  This is just one of the pictures that I took.

Sunset on the beach looking east.  It was really nice.

The underside of a stingray at Gulf World Marine Park in Panama City Beach.  It is worth the money!!!  The kids had a great time.

The penguins at Gulf World.

A really spoiled sea turtle at Gulf World.  They said they got him when he was still a baby--about the size of a golf ball.  The turtle is really cool!

These flamingos are really cool!!!  They are in an area where there is no fence or cage.  I wanted to take them home with me!!!

One of the dolphins during the dolphin show.  It was a lot of fun and very interesting.  The kids really enjoyed it a lot!!!

We made it to New Orleans!!!  We walked over to Canal Street from out hotel to catch the streetcar.  A lot of walking!!!!

So, for now, I am going to finish!  We are going to go to Bubba Gump for dinner and the kids are acting like they are starving to death.  Trust me, they really aren't!!!!!

~hugs, mel

No comments:

Post a Comment