Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gratitude

What are some of the things that I am thankful for??  When I sit and think about it, there are too many to list in one post.  So, I will name just a few.  They may not be the most important ones, but here are just a few of the things that I am thankful for:
 
1.  My children
     My children teach me many things every day.  From the simple things in life to patience, they 
     really teach me many things.  I have three children.  I have a son who just turned 15 today.  Then,
     I have 7 year old boy/girl twins.  I guess God really doesn't give you more than you can handle!!

 
 
2.  My job
In this time when so many people seem to be out of work, I am very thankful that I have my job.  Even though I do work nights, drive 40 miles one-way, and work long hours, I am so very thankful that I have a good job.
 
 
The flags outside of where I work.  Yes, it was snowing that night.
 
3.  My little pet frogs
Yes, we have two pet frogs, Elroy and Smokey.  Don't laugh!!  They are really cool little frogs.  They really aren't too little, either.  Since we cannot have a cat or a dog where we live, we have frogs.  Sometimes just watching them is funny.  They are the kind that you can hold and even sit on your desk.  I am a little more partial to Elroy.  She is a little more laid back than Smokey is.  I can sit her on my desk, she will find her a little spot, and then go to sleep.  Elroy is the one out of the water and Smokey is in the water.
 
 
So, those are just a few things that I am thankful for.  These are actually some that I had pictures to go with!!  Happy Friendship Friday to everyone.  Remember to leave a little love if you visit!!!
 
~hugs, melanie
 

26 comments:

  1. I have twin brothers and I am also the oldest. Of course they are in 40ish like me. lol
    I like your thankful thoughts.
    Thanks for coming by.
    I am now following you.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post and those frogs are very cool pets!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your post was great! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. frogs are pretty cool... when I was little a boy that liked me caught me a river frog from the riverbed. I remember catching flies to feed it....
    I also have three children... and am quite grateful for them as well...
    thanks for hopping over... and Happy Friendship Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We feed ours crickets. We shake a few into the tank and let them do their thing! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love your frogs! Aw, your post made me feel so blessed. I love the way you appreciate your job despite some of those things that one could easily complain about...GUILTY ME! ;) Beautiful post~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times that I do complain more than I should. I am thankful. I was given a chance at this place when others wouldn't hire me. God seems to always put us where we need to be! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Frogs are cool! My daughter loves frogs, toads, etc. Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I will try to make my way back to your blog!!

      Delete
  6. Newest follower here! I found you through the Friday blog hop. Cute blog, I can't wait to read more!
    -Melanie

    P.S. I’m doing a $50 Shabby Apple giveaway on my blog. You should check it out here: http://meandmr.com/post/35113285949/shabby-apple-50-giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by to visit! I will make my way back over to your blog!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Melanie! I love your photos and your frogs look like pieces of art. Thanks for visiting 1camera1mom. I'm now following your blog with GFC. Oh, and I left you a reply to your comment. I also have a blog hop on the go at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    Tina - American mom raising 4 kids in South Africa
    http://1camera1mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I work with a nurse who is from South Africa!

      Delete
  8. New to your blog from the no rules weekend blog hop

    http://chandodaddy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for the link to your blog!

      Delete
  9. Good things to be thankful for. A loving family and a job are nothing to sneeze at in this day and age, and the frogs? Well, they just sound like an extra bit of joy in your day :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I am very thankful for my job and family!!!

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday to your 15 yr old, and I agree kids teach us a ton and they're totally worth being grateful for, always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!! I would not trade my children for a million dollars!!!

      Delete
  11. Hi Melanie,

    I enjoyed your post and wonderful photos! Your pet frogs are adorable! If we stop and reflect there is so much to be thankful for. Happy Birthday to your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I have so much to be thankful for that I may not always realize!!

      Delete
  12. Thanks for joining us for Friendship Friday! I SO enjoyed your list (and what a surprise those frogs were!)

    Have a wonderful weekend and please join us again this week at

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be popping in at your blog from time to time!! May have to remember to write my posts ahead of time and schedule them to post. I get so busy sometimes!!

      Delete
  13. All are very understandable, and so true. I am happy that you find gratitude in these subjects. Have a great weekend.
    Visting from Create w/ Joy

    ReplyDelete