Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A New Project

I have been so busy since the kids started school.  I haven't had a lot of time for much.  I really have had good intentions on getting more things done, including the housework.  But, it just never happened.  I guess now since it is getting cold and there isn't much for this warm-weather loving girl to do outside, I will now start doing things I have been meaning to do for the last few months!!  Pinterest is such a great website.  I have many things pinned for a rainy day.  I did, however, find some ideas from there for my twins' 7th birthday.  We had a Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat theme.  Turned out great.  I also tried a recipe for some bread.  As far as eating it just plain, I don't think it turned out that great.  So, my husband decided that we use it for some garlic bread with our spaghetti.  I have to admit that it was some awesome garlic bread. 

I finally got around to doing some scrapping.  I haven't made any regular pages in quite a long time.  One thing I have been wanting to do is to make some more paper bag books.  I received one from a friend a few years ago.  It was made out of 2-3 kraft paper gift bags with handles.  It was decorated up so very cute.  I made a couple at that time.  I used the metal rings to hold it together.  This time, I picked up a package of Dollar Tree lunch sacks.  I folded five of them in half, put a rubber band around the spine of them, and then taped the spine with some clear tape on the outside and inside where the rubber ban is.  The size is quite nice at about 5x5.  The open ends of the sack allow for a place to stash pictures, journaling, or just some other little surprises.  So, I am going to leave you with some pictures of the book.  If anyone is interested in one for a gift, let me know.  I would consider making one for you for a small fee (probably around $10).  For this particular one, I used some paper by Pink Paislee called the Daily Junk.  I really love it and it is a very cute, elegant, and fun line!!  And as always, if you stop by, leave a little love!!!

 
This is the front cover.

 
Inside cover

 
Third page

 
fourth page-I decorated the flap on the bottom and the little bit under the flap on the bottom.  This leaves just enough room to hide a little picture or some journaling.

 
fifth page

 
 sixth page

 
seventh page

 
eighth page-also the bottom flap of the bag

 
ninth page-the brown loop is one of the hidden pieces inside the bag

 
tenth page

 
eleventh page

 
twelfth page

 
thirteenth page

 
fourteenth page

 fifteenth page

 
sixteenth page

 
seventeenth page

 
eighteenth page

 
inside back cover-also the bottom flap of the bag

 
back cover

 
These are the pieces that I placed inside the open part of the bags.  They can all be journaled or have photos placed on both sides.  Perfect for those hidden pictures or that hidden journaling you want to keep private.

 
And just for fun, I organized my little alpha stamp sets by letter.  I also decided to write the name of the color of ink on the bottom so that I can see what color they are without storing them right side up.  I used two different plastic storage containers.  These work great!!!  Now I can find those little stamps!!
 
As always, leave a little love to let me know you were here!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You really made something individual. It has such unique charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Im one of your newest followers. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Thank you for following me and stopping by my blog today.
    www.NavyWif33.com

    ReplyDelete